USS DAVIDSON (FF-1045)
DAVIDSON was laid down on 30 September 1963 at the Avondale Shipyards, Inc., Westwego, La.
On 2 October 1964 she was launched and christened, sponsored by Mrs. Lyal A. Davidson,
Vice Admiral Davidson's widow. DE-1045 was commisioned on Pearl Harbor Day, 7 December 1965,
at the Charleston Naval Shipyard, Cmdr. Henry L. Stanfield in command.
[Note: The above USS DAVIDSON (FF-1045) history may, or may not, contain text provided by crew members of the USS DAVIDSON (FF-1045), or by other non-crew members, and text from the Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships]